Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Background

I am still wondering what kind of background I should use for this blog. If someone would have suggested me one, I would have perhaps accepted the suggestion. If it didn't look good, it would have been so easy to accept that after all it was not my choice. But now that the choice is entirely mine, it feels so difficult.

I chose a white and brownish background first. Then switched to a green one. Then again to a sky blue one. The sheer amount of options is proving to be a bane. It reminded me of the situation some years ago...when blogger would have few templates and you had to use them. Less options actually seemed more friendly. Finally after trying out lots of options, I decided on a minimalist design.

While trying out backgrounds, I had initially decided to use an image as a background.


It was the image of an empty road from the movie "5 Centimeters per Second" (I really advise you to watch it). Fields stretching out on both sides of the road. Electric poles lining one side. And the road just going ahead towards the horizon, finally meeting the blue. Beautiful.

Sometimes, when I read about some research about Computational Photography, I wonder if it is really possible to make a computer draw these kind of images. If it ever happens in the future, will they be comparable to the work done by humans? More importantly, will such a computer appreciate the beauty in this scene? I can only wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment